At Novant Health Mintview OB/GYN, we take great pride in contributing to our local community in Charlotte as well as the global community in which we all live. Our interest in making the world a healthier place is reflected in the community outreach activities that our doctors and medical staff proudly initiate and take part in.
- Few things are more difficult or more empowering than completing a triathlon. That's why Mintview's Dr. Alyse Kelly-Jones created Tri It For Life, a nonprofit organization that helps women improve their health and build their self-esteem by competing in triathlons. In 2008, Tri It For Life helped over 200 women complete their very first triathlon-quite an accomplishment for everyone involved. For more information about Tri It For Life, visit www.triitforlife.com
- In an ongoing effort to give back to the community, Mintview joined forces with Classroom Central; a local organization that provides free school supplies to the children, schools, and teachers who need them the most. In 2008, Mintview sponsored 150 students at Charlotte's Highland Renaissance Academy as part of Classroom Central's Backpacks Across Charlotte program. The program calls on local companies and businesses to support children in high-need schools by providing them with backpacks full of standard school supplies. Mintview donated $5,250 to supply each of the 150 Highland Renaissance Academy students with a new backpack and supplies. In total, the Backpacks Across Charlotte program provided 4,700 students from Charlotte's most impoverished schools with much-needed materials. For more information about Classroom Central, visit: www.classroomcentral.org
- Mintview's Dr. Alyse Kelly-Jones co-founded a multi-disciplinary clinic designed to treat and educate men and women dealing with sexual dysfunction. With two OB/GYNs, a urologist and a therapist on staff, the clinic is able to help treat people dealing with sensitive issues like low libido, painful sex, hormonal issues, and erectile dysfunction. More information regardingn Dr. Kelly-Jones' clinic and the work they do can be found at: www.bestsexualadvice.com
- The physicians at Novant Health Mintview OBGYN volunteer their services at the Charlotte Community Health Clinic. This is a free clinic that is supported by Presbyterian Hospital that serves those patients that are not insured and no financial income.
- Dr. Louise Rogers runs marathons and participates in other athletic endeavors to raise funds and awareness for Because Brothers, a non-profit that honors her brothers. http://www.becausebrothers.com/
- Dr. Louise Rogers is active in Haitian Heritage & Friends of Haiti by participating in medical missions and fundraising. http://hhfoh.org/